WELCOME TO WEST POINT.iSPORTSMAN
Welcome to West Point iSportsman, the new website for hunting, fishing, trapping, and firewood permits at West Point's Military Reservation. As of June 2017, operation of West Point's old fish and game website, HuntTracker, ended and iSportsman will succeed it. This website will allow users to:
(1) Purchase a permit - to purchase a permit, users must have an account. Under Account above, new users can create an account using New User Registration (directed through a Customer Types users should read) while return users can sign in via Account Login.
(2) Check the availability of and check-in/check-out an area - Under Areas & Maps above, users can see if Mine Torne Road, fishing/hunting areas are open/closed/full in Areas. The Interactive Map only shows hunting areas. To check-in/check-out users must login.
(3) Get updates on regulations, news, and weather - Users may see news briefs on the Home page and more via News tab above. Under the Resources tab, find Regulations, Reports, Brochures, & Harvests. See Weather link for weather, sunrise/sunset information.
(4) Meet game reporting requirements - All big game (bear, deer) must be reported but all harvest should be reported. Understanding what animals are taken allows Natural Resource Branch to better understand and sustainably manage fish and game populations, habitat.
THE NATURAL RESOURCES OFFICE IS NO LONGER IN BLDG 144. IT HAS MOVED ACROSS THE ROAD INTO BLDG 667. WE ARE NOW LOCATED ON THE 1ST FLOOR DOWN THE SOUTHWEST STAIRWELL. INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN FIREWOOD PERMITS, ETC. SHOULD E-MAIL, CALL AHEAD TO ARRANGE VISIT.
ATTENTION ALL USERS: We are not approving new General Public accounts at this time. General Public accounts are only for Big Game Hunting, not for Fishing or Small Game Hunting. We will delete all new General Public accounts Until October 1st, 2018.
ATTENTION ALL HUNTERS: With the end of Cadet Summer Training and coinciding with the beginning of fall hunting seasons in New York State, all hunting activities at West Point, including scouting, are now open.
BOW HUNTER EDUCATION COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOW AVAILABLE.
HUNTER EDUCATION COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOW AVAILABLE.
NATIONAL HUNTING & FISHING DAY ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOW AVAILABLE.
POF RANGE DAY ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOW AVAILABLE.
2018 PHEASANT STOCKING MEMO IS NOW AVAILABLE.
2018-2019 WEST POINT HUNTING MEMO IS NOW AVAILABLE.
NEWS & UPDATES
NEW NEWS Updated: 07/20/2018
- WEBSITE UPDATES - Content and functions are being regularly added to this site. Check back regularly for updates
- 09/12/2018 - 2018 NATIONAL HUNTING & FISHING DAY ANNOUNCEMENT MADE. See News page.
- 09/12/2018 - 2018 BOW HUNTER ED COURSE, HUNTER ED COURSE ANNOUNCEMENTS POSTED. See News page.
- 09/11/2018 - 2018 POF RANGE DAY ANNOUNCEMENTED POSTED. See News page.
- 09/10/2018 - 2018 TIGER MUSKY STOCKING - 300 state-raised hybrid tiger musky were released in Lake Popolopen.
- 08/29/2018 - 2018 PHEASANT STOCKING MEMO POSTED - see stocking dates, locations, amounts. See News page.
- 07/20/2018 - 2018-2019 WEST POINT HUNTING MEMO POSTED - season dates, bag limits. See Home, Regulations page.
- 04/20/2018 - 2018 WEST POINT AERIAL DEER SURVEY REPORT POSTED. See News page, Reports page.
- 04/17/2018 - 2018 TROUT STOCKING Day #3 - Some 4200+ fish stocked at West Point today. Thank you, volunteers.
- 04/13/2018 - 2018 TROUT STOCKING Day #2 - Some 300 fish stocked at West Point lakes today. Thank you, volunteers.
- 03/26/2018 - 2018 TROUT STOCKING Day #1 - Some 1900+ fish stocked at West Point today. Thank you, volunteers.
- 03/13/2018 - 2018 PRE FISHING SEASON & iSPORTSMAN MEMO POSTED - fishing, iSportsman info. See News page.
- 03/01/2018 - 2018 TROUT STOCKING MEMO POSTED - see trout stocking plans, info to volunteer. See News page.
- 02/22/2018 - WEST POINT DEPTH CHARTS POSTED - see West Point lakes, pond, and Lusk depths. See Maps page.
- 01/08/2018 - 2017 DEER HARVEST REPORT POSTED - see data on all deer harvested in 2017. See News page, Reports page.
NOTICE TO NEW iSPORTSMAN USERS
ATTENTION ALL NEW USERS: To ensure safety and prevent military mission interference and resource overexploitation, West Point must control access to its military reservation. Individuals accessing the West Point Military Reservation must meet required eligibility standards as described in Army Regulation 215-1. To accomplish this, West Point iSportsman administrators must vet all new accounts.
Until administrators can verify your eligibility there will be an administrative hold on your account. This may take up to two business days. While this hold is in effect, you may not purchase/use permits nor check-in/out of areas. When eligibility is verified, your account will be approved and you will receive e-mail notification. Then sign in and complete mandatory Safety Brief.
If you are currently waiting for account approval and desire faster service, contact MWR Outdoor Recreation Division staff at Round Pond at (845) 938-2503 from April to mid-November or Victor Constant at (845) 938-8810 from mid-November to April. If MWR staff is unable to confirm your eligibility initially, you may be required to send in documentation or bring in documentation in person to prove your eligibility.
- Accounts created with incomplete or erroneous profiles will be deleted. Read Customer Types page to be sure you understand your Customer Type then complete your profile. Do not select the GUEST PARTICIPANT (Admin Only).
- Unregistered or previously unverified individuals will receive a notice to register through MWR (see contacts below) within 1 week of creating their account or the created account will be deleted.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THIS WEBSITE PLEASE CALL (845) 938-2314.
MORE ON WEST POINT
Of West Point's roughly 16,000-acre total area, 8,500 or so acres of the installation is made available in approximately 50 delineated areas for the purposes of big game, small game and waterfowl hunting, and trapping. Hunting area occupancy limits are set by acreage to limit crowding and ensure a fair and safe hunt. Due to proximity to sensitive features, such as residential areas or ranges, some hunting areas are limited to hunter type or implement allowed.
Fishing is permitted in all waterbodies at West Point, including the Hudson River. West Point is predominately a warm water/cool water fishery. Bass, panfish, and catfish are available in all our lakes and ponds. Trout are stocked in several streams and three lakes. Tiger Musky are stocked in Popolopen Lake for an additional challenge. Anglers will register when accessing Popolopen Brook, Trout/Mineral Springs Brook, Beaver Pond, Cranberry Pond, Weyants Pond, Stilwell Lake, Mine Lake and Lake Georgina.
To ensure sound natural resources management in compliance with the requirements of the federal Sikes Act, an Integrated Natural Resources Management Plan (INRMP) was developed in partnership and signatory cooperation with the N.Y.S. Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), with full public disclosure as required by the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). The INRMP and its implementation helps ensure: (1) Sustainability of quality training lands to accomplish military mission, (2) Compliance with environmental laws and regulations; (3) Good stewardship of public lands; and (4) Enhancement of quality of life on and around West Point.
- Natural Resources Branch, DPW
This site is still in its early stages of its development and under construction. Please alert West Point Natural Resources to user issues, broken links, etc.: Christopher Killough, Fish & Wildlife Technician; ORISE/USAG, Natural Resources Branch, DPW; Office Phone: (845) 938-2314; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POINTS OF CONTACT
ON WEST POINT
- NATURAL RESOURCES BRANCH, DHPW: For questions and concerns about wildlife management operations, game species populations, hunting and trapping regulations, or to report injured wildlife or bear sightings, call: 1 (845) 938-7122, -2314, -3857, -1973
- OUTDOOR RECREATION DIVISION, FMWR: For questions and concerns about West Point hunting and guest passes, NY hunting licenses, area maps, West Point hunting regulations including USMA Regulation 215-5, call: 1 (845) 938-2503 or 1 (845) 938-8810.
- RANGE CONTROL: For questions about access to reservation training areas for hunting, fishing, and trapping including questions about keys, gates, range roads, and range area firing or to report UXO or trees downed across range roads, call: 1 (845) 938-3930
- PROVOST MARSHALL: Law Enforcement Sergeant's Desk: 1 (845) 938-3333. For on-installation game or other environmental violations, call CLEOs at 1 (845) 938-2797, 1 (845) 938-0147 or 1 (845) 590-1345. If unavailable, try Sergeant's Desk.
OFF WEST POINT
- NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION (NYSDEC) - REGION 3 OFFICE - NEW PALTZ NY: For questions about NY Game laws, license information, hunter safety course information, or other inquiries call REGION 03 OFFICE at (845) 256-3098. To report injured wildlife or NYS Game Law Violations off-post, call NYSDEC ECO's at: 1 (845) 3013.
*** NOTE REGARDING ALL INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE ***
All hunting, trapping, and fishing on West Point must be in accordance with New York State regulations and West Point regulations as stated in USMA Regulation 215-5. All information posted here is meant to supplement New York State regulations as set by the NYSDEC and West Point Regulations as stated in USMA Regulation 215-5. No information posted here should be interpreted as authorizing individuals to otherwise violate New York State regulations or West Point regulations as stated In USMA Regulation 215-5. If any clarification is necessary, please contact the Natural Resource Branch Office.