WELCOME TO WEST POINT.iSPORTSMAN
** ATTENTION ALL HUNTERS! **
ALL HUNTING AT WEST POINT ON THANKSGIVING DAY, THU. NOV 22 CLOSES AT 1100.
ALL HUNTERS MUST STOP HUNTING BY 1100, BE OUT OF ALL HUNTING AREAS AND SIGNED OUT ON iSPORTSMAN BY 1200. HUNT CONTROL AND CHECK STATION WILL CLOSE AT 1200 . SUCCESSFUL HUNTERS LATE IN MORNING SHOULD CALL 845-938-2797 TO ARRANGE MANDATORY CHECK.
GENERAL PUBLIC HUNTERS WITH WEST POINT PERMITS ARE NOW PERMITTED TO HUNT (BIG GAME REGULAR SEASON ONLY). UNTIL SAT, NOV. 24, ALL GENERAL PUBLIC HUNTERS MUST SIGN-IN IN-PERSON AT HUNT CONTROL AND MAY SIGN-IN NO EARLIER THAN 0700.
Welcome to West Point iSportsman, the new website for hunting, fishing, trapping, and firewood permits at West Point's Military Reservation. In June 2017, West Point's old fish and game website, HuntTracker, ended and iSportsman succeeds it. This website lets users :
(1) Purchase a permit - to purchase a permit, users must have an account. Under Account above, new users can create an account using New User Registration (directed through a Customer Types users should read) while return users can sign in via Account Login.
(2) Check the availability of and check-in/check-out an area - Under Areas & Maps above, users can see if Mine Torne Road, fishing/hunting areas are open/closed/full in Areas. The Interactive Map only shows hunting areas. To check-in/check-out users must login.
(3) Get updates on regulations, news, and weather - Users may see news briefs on the Home page and more via News tab above. Under the Resources tab, find Regulations, Reports, Brochures, & Harvests. See Weather link for weather, sunrise/sunset information.
(4) Meet game reporting requirements - All big game (bear, deer) must be reported but all harvest should be reported. Understanding what animals are taken allows Natural Resource Branch to better understand and sustainably manage fish and game populations, habitat.
** ATTN GENERAL PUBLIC HUNTERS ** THE 2018 ACCOUNT REGISTRATION PERIOD HAS ENDED. ALL NEW ACCOUNTS WILL BE DELETED UNTIL OCT 2018. FOR INDIVIDUALS /W ACCOUNTS, GENERAL PUBLIC PERMIT PURCHASE PERIOD IS NOW OPEN.
** WARNING ** CONCERTINA WIRE & BARBED WIRE ARE PRESENT IN MANY AREAS AT WEST POINT AND POSE A SAFETY HAZARD TO PEOPLE, DOGS, AND VEHICLES. USE EXTREME CAUTION HUNTING OR DRIVING IN RANGE AREAS.
** WE'VE MOVED! ** NATURAL RESOURCES IS NO LONGER IN BLDG 144. WE'VE MOVED INTO BLDG 667, ON 1ST FLOOR DOWN THE SW STAIRWELL. INTERESTED IN FIREWOOD PERMITS, ETC? PLEASE E-MAIL, CALL AHEAD TO ARRANGE VISIT.
OPENING DAY HUNTING LOTTERY ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOW AVAILABLE.
HUNTER EDUCATION COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOW AVAILABLE.
POF RANGE DAY ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOW AVAILABLE.
2018 PHEASANT STOCKING MEMO IS NOW AVAILABLE.
2018-2019 WEST POINT HUNTING MEMO IS NOW AVAILABLE.
HUNTING & CHECK IN/CHECK OUT HOURS
BIG GAME SEASON
HUNTING HOURS: SUNRISE - SUNSET *
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT HOURS: 0500 TO HOUR AFTER SUNSET*
Hunting hours for regular big game season are sunrise to sunset*. Hunters may check into an area to hunt via iSportsman and enter the woods to hunt at 0500 at the earliest but must be be out of an area and check out of the area via iSportsman by an hour after sunset.
* Regular big game season hunting hours apply to all hunters during big game season, not just hunters of big game, with following exceptions: Waterfowl hunters may hunt half hour before sunrise. (See Hunting Memo)
NON BIG GAME SEASON
HUNTING HOURS: 0400 - 2359*
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT HOURS: 0400 - 2359
Hunting hours for non-big game season are 0500-2359 (see Hunting Memo). Hunters may checking out an area for hunting via iSportsman as early as 0400 (but no earlier) and but must be both out of the field and checked out of area via iSportsman by 2359.
* Hunting Hours as described in Hunting Memo apply. Hunting for most species is limited to from sunrise to sunset. Exceptions include waterfowl (half hour before sunrise to sunset), spring turkey (see Hunting Memo), and night coyote, fox, raccoon hunting (0400-2359)
NEWS & UPDATES
NEW NEWS Updated: 11/02/2018
- WEBSITE UPDATES - Content and functions are being regularly added to this site. Check back regularly for updates
- 11/02/2018 - PHEASANT STOCKING DAY 4 of 4 - 75 pheasant stocked over 6 sites.
- 11/01/2018 - OPENING DAY HUNTING LOTTERY held at Victor Constant Ski Slope.
- 10/19/2018 - PHEASANT STOCKINGDAY 3 of 4 - 75 pheasant stocked over 6 sites.
- 10/05/2018 - PHEASANT STOCKING DAY 2 of 4 - 100 pheasant stocked over 6 sites.
- 10/01/2018 - 2018 GENERAL PUBLIC HUNTING ANNOUNCEMENT POSTED. See News page.
- 09/28/2018 - PHEASANT STOCKING DAY 1 of 4 - 100 pheasant stocked over 6 sites, 100 chukkar stocked btw 3 sites.
- 09/28/2018 - 2018 OPENING DAY HUNTING LOTTERY ANNOUNCEMENT POSTED.See News page.
- 09/12/2018 - 2018 NATIONAL HUNTING & FISHING DAY ANNOUNCEMENT POSTED. See News page.
- 09/12/2018 - 2018 BOW HUNTER ED COURSE, HUNTER ED COURSE ANNOUNCEMENTS POSTED. See News page.
- 09/11/2018 - 2018 POF RANGE DAY ANNOUNCEMENTED POSTED. See News page.
- 09/10/2018 - 2018 TIGER MUSKY STOCKING - 300 state-raised hybrid tiger musky were released in Lake Popolopen.
- 08/29/2018 - 2018 PHEASANT STOCKING MEMO POSTED - see stocking dates, locations, amounts. See News page.
- 07/20/2018 - 2018-2019 WEST POINT HUNTING MEMO POSTED - season dates, bag limits. See Home, Regulations page.
- 04/20/2018 - 2018 WEST POINT AERIAL DEER SURVEY REPORT POSTED. See News page, Reports page.
- 04/17/2018 - 2018 TROUT STOCKING Day #3 - Some 4200+ fish stocked at West Point today. Thank you, volunteers.
- 04/13/2018 - 2018 TROUT STOCKING Day #2 - Some 300 fish stocked at West Point lakes today. Thank you, volunteers.
- 03/26/2018 - 2018 TROUT STOCKING Day #1 - Some 1900+ fish stocked at West Point today. Thank you, volunteers.
- 03/13/2018 - 2018 PRE FISHING SEASON & iSPORTSMAN MEMO POSTED - fishing, iSportsman info. See News page.
- 03/01/2018 - 2018 TROUT STOCKING MEMO POSTED - see trout stocking plans, info to volunteer. See News page.
- 02/22/2018 - WEST POINT DEPTH CHARTS POSTED - see West Point lakes, pond, and Lusk depths. See Maps page.
- 01/08/2018 - 2017 DEER HARVEST REPORT POSTED - see data on all deer harvested in 2017. See News page, Reports page.
NOTICE TO NEW iSPORTSMAN USERS
ATTENTION ALL NEW USERS: To ensure safety and prevent military mission interference and resource overexploitation, West Point must control access to its military reservation. Individuals accessing the West Point Military Reservation must meet required eligibility standards as described in Army Regulation 215-1. To accomplish this, West Point iSportsman administrators must vet all new accounts.
Until administrators can verify your eligibility there will be an administrative hold on your account. This may take up to two business days. While this hold is in effect, you may not purchase/use permits nor check-in/out of areas. When eligibility is verified, your account will be approved and you will receive e-mail notification. Then sign in and complete mandatory Safety Brief.
If you are currently waiting for account approval and desire faster service, contact MWR Outdoor Recreation Division staff at Round Pond at (845) 938-2503 from April to mid-November or Victor Constant at (845) 938-8810 from mid-November to April. If MWR staff is unable to confirm your eligibility initially, you may be required to send in documentation or bring in documentation in person to prove your eligibility.
- Accounts created with incomplete or erroneous profiles will be deleted. Read Customer Types page to be sure you understand your Customer Type then complete your profile. Do not select the GUEST PARTICIPANT (Admin Only).
- Unregistered or previously unverified individuals will receive a notice to register through MWR (see contacts below) within 1 week of creating their account or the created account will be deleted.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THIS WEBSITE PLEASE CALL (845) 938-2314.
MORE ON WEST POINT
Of West Point's roughly 16,000-acre total area, 8,500 or so acres of the installation is made available in approximately 50 delineated areas for the purposes of big game, small game and waterfowl hunting, and trapping. Hunting area occupancy limits are set by acreage to limit crowding and ensure a fair and safe hunt. Due to proximity to sensitive features, such as residential areas or ranges, some hunting areas are limited to hunter type or implement allowed.
Fishing is permitted in all waterbodies at West Point, including the Hudson River. West Point is predominately a warm water/cool water fishery. Bass, panfish, and catfish are available in all our lakes and ponds. Trout are stocked in several streams and three lakes. Tiger Musky are stocked in Popolopen Lake for an additional challenge. Anglers will register when accessing Popolopen Brook, Trout/Mineral Springs Brook, Beaver Pond, Cranberry Pond, Weyants Pond, Stilwell Lake, Mine Lake and Lake Georgina.
To ensure sound natural resources management in compliance with the requirements of the federal Sikes Act, an Integrated Natural Resources Management Plan (INRMP) was developed in partnership and signatory cooperation with the N.Y.S. Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), with full public disclosure as required by the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). The INRMP and its implementation helps ensure: (1) Sustainability of quality training lands to accomplish military mission, (2) Compliance with environmental laws and regulations; (3) Good stewardship of public lands; and (4) Enhancement of quality of life on and around West Point.
- Natural Resources Branch, DPW
This site is still in its early stages of its development and under construction. Please alert West Point Natural Resources to user issues, broken links, etc.: Christopher Killough, Fish & Wildlife Technician; ORISE/USAG, Natural Resources Branch, DPW; Office Phone: (845) 938-2314; Email: email@example.com
POINTS OF CONTACT
ON WEST POINT
- NATURAL RESOURCES BRANCH, DHPW: For questions and concerns about wildlife management operations, game species populations, hunting and trapping regulations, or to report injured wildlife or bear sightings, call: 1 (845) 938-7122, -2314, -3857, -1973
- OUTDOOR RECREATION DIVISION, FMWR: For questions and concerns about West Point hunting and guest passes, NY hunting licenses, area maps, West Point hunting regulations including USMA Regulation 215-5, call: 1 (845) 938-2503 or 1 (845) 938-8810.
- RANGE CONTROL: For questions about access to reservation training areas for hunting, fishing, and trapping including questions about keys, gates, range roads, and range area firing or to report UXO or trees downed across range roads, call: 1 (845) 938-3930
- PROVOST MARSHALL: Law Enforcement Sergeant's Desk: 1 (845) 938-3333. For on-installation game or other environmental violations, call CLEOs at 1 (845) 938-2797, 1 (845) 938-0147 or 1 (845) 590-1345. If unavailable, try Sergeant's Desk.
OFF WEST POINT
- NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION (NYSDEC) - REGION 3 OFFICE - NEW PALTZ NY: For questions about NY Game laws, license information, hunter safety course information, or other inquiries call REGION 03 OFFICE at (845) 256-3098. To report injured wildlife or NYS Game Law Violations off-post, call NYSDEC ECO's at: 1 (845) 3013.
*** NOTE REGARDING ALL INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE ***
All hunting, trapping, and fishing on West Point must be in accordance with New York State regulations and West Point regulations as stated in USMA Regulation 215-5. All information posted here is meant to supplement New York State regulations as set by the NYSDEC and West Point Regulations as stated in USMA Regulation 215-5. No information posted here should be interpreted as authorizing individuals to otherwise violate New York State regulations or West Point regulations as stated In USMA Regulation 215-5. If any clarification is necessary, please contact the Natural Resource Branch Office.