WELCOME TO WEST POINT.iSPORTSMAN.NET
** ATTENTION DEER HUNTERS **
ANTLER POINT RESTRICTION PROPOSAL MEETINGS & VOTE NOTICE IS NOW AVAILABLE!
INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT ABOUT AND HAVING A VOICE IN NEW DEER HUNTING PROPOSAL SHOULD ATTEND, VOTE IN ONE OF TWO MEETINGS THIS FALL. CLICK ON THE BLUE LINK ABOVE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
** ATTENTION ALL HUNTERS **
2019-2020 WEST POINT HUNTING NOTICE IS NOW AVAILABLE!
2019 GENERAL PUBLIC HUNTING NOTICE IS NOW AVAILABLE!
2019 PHEASANT STOCKING NOTICE IS NOW AVAILABLE!
2019 POF RANGE DAY NOTICE IS NOW AVAILABLE!
** ATTENTION ALL ANGLERS **
Welcome to West Point iSportsman, the new website for hunting, fishing, trapping, and firewood permits at West Point's Military Reservation. In June 2017, West Point's old fish and game website, HuntTracker, ended and iSportsman succeeds it. This website lets user:
(1) Purchase a permit - to purchase a permit, users must have an account. Under Account above, new users can create an account using New User Registration (directed through a Customer Types users should read) while return users can sign in via Account Login.
(2) Check the availability of and check-in/check-out an area - Under Areas & Maps above, users can see if Mine Torne Road, fishing/hunting areas are open/closed/full in Areas. The Interactive Map only shows hunting areas. To check-in/check-out users must login.
(3) Get updates on regulations, news, and weather - Users may see news briefs on the Home page and more via News tab above. Under the Resources tab, find Regulations, Reports, Brochures, & Harvests. See Weather link for weather, sunrise/sunset information.
(4) Meet game reporting requirements - All big game (bear, deer) must be reported but all harvest should be reported. Understanding what animals are taken allows Natural Resource Branch to better understand and sustainably manage fish and game populations, habitat.
** MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS **
** CALLING ALL HUNTERS ** THE WEST POINT NATURAL RESOURCES OFFICE NEEDS YOUR HELP. WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION FROM HUNTERS ON FISHER SIGHTINGS. HAVE YOU SEEN A FISHER? LET US KNOW.
** ATTN GENERAL PUBLIC ** GENERAL PUBLIC PERMITEES MAY ONLY HUNT BIG GAME AND MAY NOT FISH NOR HUNT SMALL GAME. THE ACCOUNT REGISTRATION PERIOD HAS ENDED. NEW ACCOUNTS WILL BE DELETED UNTIL OCT 2019.
** WARNING ** CONCERTINA WIRE & BARBED WIRE ARE PRESENT IN MANY AREAS AT WEST POINT AND POSE A SAFETY HAZARD TO PEOPLE, DOGS, AND VEHICLES. USE EXTREME CAUTION HUNTING OR DRIVING IN RANGE AREAS.
** WE'VE MOVED! ** NATURAL RESOURCES IS NO LONGER IN BLDG 144. WE'VE MOVED INTO BLDG 667, ON 1ST FLOOR DOWN THE SW STAIRWELL. PLEASE E-MAIL, CALL AHEAD TO ARRANGE VISIT.
NEWS & UPDATES
NEW NEWS Updated: 09/18/2019
- WEBSITE UPDATES - Content and functions are being regularly added to this site. Check back regularly for updates
- 09/18/2019 - 2019 WEST POINT GENERAL PUBLIC HUNTER NOTICE POSTED. Public hunters, See News page.
- 09/17/2019 - DEER MEETINGS & VOTE NOTICE POSTED. Hunting proposal, votes this fall. See News page.
- 09/12/2019 - 2019 TIGER MUSKY STOCKING - 300+ hybrid tiger muskellunge stocked in Popolopen Lake.
- 09/10/2019 - POPOLOPEN & STILWELL BATHYMETRIC CHARTS POSTED. See lake depths. See Maps page.
- 09/09/2019 - HUNTING MAP CHANGES NOTICE POSTED. See info on specific changes to map. See Maps page.
- 09/05/2019 - 2019 NATIONAL HUNT & FISH DAY ANNOUNCEMENT POSTED. See News page.
- 09/05/2019 - 2019 BOW HUNTER EDUCATION COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT POSTED. See News page.
- 09/05/2019 - 2019 HUNTER EDUCATION COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT POSTED. See News page.
- 09/03/2019 - 2019 PERSONALLY OWNED FIREARM (POF) DAY NOTICE POSTED. See News page.
- 09/03/2019 - 2019 PHEASANT STOCKING NOTICE POSTED. For dates, numbers, areas, see notice. See News page.
- 09/01/2019 - NEW WEST POINT HUNTING MAP POSTED. Changes made to previous hunting map.
- 07/16/2019 - 2019-2020 WEST POINT HUNTING NOTICE POSTED. Hunting Season Dates, bag limits. See Regulations page.
- 05/16/2019 - NEW WILKINS POND DOCK OPENS - 80 foot dock /w benches, canopy, outreach boards opens.
- 04/16/2019 - 3RD TROUT STOCKING DAY - 4500 trout stocked at ten sites across the installation.
- 04/12/2019 - 2ND TROUT STOCKING DAY - 400 trout stocked at three sites across the installation.
- 03/29/2019 - 1ST TROUT STOCKING DAY - 2000 trout stocked at ten sites across the installation.
- 03/06/2019 - 2019-2020 FISHING SEASONS MEMO POSTED. Season dates, bag limits, special rules. See Regulations page.
- 03/04/2019 - 2019 TROUT STOCKING REPORT POSTED. (Updated 03/06/2019). See News page.
- 12/20/2018 - 2018 DEER HARVEST REPORT POSTED. See data on all deer harvested in 2018. See News page, Reports page
- 11/02/2018 - PHEASANT STOCKING DAY 4 of 4 - 75 pheasant stocked over 6 sites.
- 11/01/2018 - OPENING DAY HUNTING LOTTERY held at Victor Constant Ski Slope.
- 10/19/2018 - PHEASANT STOCKINGDAY 3 of 4 - 75 pheasant stocked over 6 sites.
- 10/05/2018 - PHEASANT STOCKING DAY 2 of 4 - 100 pheasant stocked over 6 sites.
- 10/01/2018 - 2018 GENERAL PUBLIC HUNTING ANNOUNCEMENT POSTED. See Home, Regulations pages.
NOTICE TO NEW iSPORTSMAN USERS
ATTENTION ALL NEW USERS: To ensure safety and prevent military mission interference and resource overexploitation, West Point must control access to its military reservation. Individuals accessing the West Point Military Reservation must meet required eligibility standards as described in Army Regulation 215-1. To accomplish this, West Point iSportsman administrators must vet all new accounts.
Until administrators can verify your eligibility there will be an administrative hold on your account. This may take up to two business days. While this hold is in effect, you may not purchase/use permits nor check-in/out of areas. When eligibility is verified, your account will be approved and you will receive e-mail notification. Then sign in and complete mandatory Safety Brief.
If you are currently waiting for account approval and desire faster service, contact MWR Outdoor Recreation Division staff at Round Pond at (845) 938-2503 from April to mid-November or Victor Constant at (845) 938-8810 from mid-November to April. If MWR staff is unable to confirm your eligibility initially, you may be required to send in documentation or bring in documentation in person to prove your eligibility.
- Accounts created with incomplete or erroneous profiles will be deleted. Read Customer Types page to be sure you understand your Customer Type then complete your profile. Do not select the GUEST PARTICIPANT (Admin Only).
- Unregistered or previously unverified individuals will receive a notice to register through MWR (see contacts below) within 1 week of creating their account or the created account will be deleted.
MORE ON WEST POINT
Of West Point's roughly 16,000-acre total area, 8,500 or so acres of the installation is made available in approximately 50 delineated areas for the purposes of big game, small game and waterfowl hunting, and trapping. Hunting area occupancy limits are set by acreage to limit crowding and ensure a fair and safe hunt. Due to proximity to sensitive features, such as residential areas or ranges, some hunting areas are limited to hunter type or implement allowed.
Fishing is permitted in all waterbodies at West Point, including the Hudson River. West Point is predominately a warm water/cool water fishery. Bass, panfish, and catfish are available in all our lakes and ponds. Trout are stocked in several streams and three lakes. Tiger Musky are stocked in Popolopen Lake for an additional challenge. Anglers will register when accessing Popolopen Brook, Trout/Mineral Springs Brook, Beaver Pond, Cranberry Pond, Weyants Pond, Stilwell Lake, Mine Lake and Lake Georgina.
To ensure sound natural resources management in compliance with the requirements of the federal Sikes Act, an Integrated Natural Resources Management Plan (INRMP) was developed in partnership and signatory cooperation with the N.Y.S. Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), with full public disclosure as required by the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). The INRMP and its implementation helps ensure: (1) Sustainability of quality training lands to accomplish military mission, (2) Compliance with environmental laws and regulations; (3) Good stewardship of public lands; and (4) Enhancement of quality of life on and around West Point.
- Natural Resources Branch, DPW
This site is still in its early stages of its development. Please alert West Point Natural Resources to user issues, broken links, etc.:
Christopher Killough, Fish & Wildlife Technician ORISE/USAG, Natural Resources Branch, DPW;
Office Phone: (845) 938-2314; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POINTS OF CONTACT
ON WEST POINT
- NATURAL RESOURCES BRANCH, DHPW: For questions and concerns about wildlife management operations, game species populations, hunting and trapping regulations, or to report injured wildlife or bear sightings, call: 1 (845) 938-7122, -2314, -3857, -1973
- OUTDOOR RECREATION DIVISION, FMWR: For questions and concerns about West Point hunting and guest passes, NY hunting licenses, area maps, West Point hunting regulations including USMA Regulation 215-5, call: 1 (845) 938-2503 or 1 (845) 938-8810.
- RANGE CONTROL: For questions about access to reservation training areas for hunting, fishing, and trapping including questions about keys, gates, range roads, and range area firing or to report UXO or trees downed across range roads, call: 1 (845) 938-3930
- PROVOST MARSHALL: Law Enforcement Sergeant's Desk: 1 (845) 938-3333. For on-installation game or other environmental violations, call CLEOs (Game Wardens) at 1 (845) 938-2797, 1 (845) 938-0147 or 1 (845) 590-1345. If unavailable, try Sergeant's Desk.
OFF WEST POINT
- NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION (NYSDEC) - REGION 3 OFFICE - NEW PALTZ NY: For questions about NY Game laws, license information, hunter safety course information, or other inquiries call REGION 03 OFFICE at (845) 256-3098. To report injured wildlife or NYS Game Law Violations off-post, call NYSDEC ECO's at: 1 (845) 3013.
*** NOTE REGARDING ALL INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE ***
All hunting, trapping, and fishing on West Point must be in accordance with New York State regulations and West Point regulations as stated in USMA Regulation 215-5. All information posted here is meant to supplement New York State regulations as set by the NYSDEC and West Point Regulations as stated in USMA Regulation 215-5. No information posted here should be interpreted as authorizing individuals to otherwise violate New York State regulations or West Point regulations as stated In USMA Regulation 215-5. If any clarification is necessary, please contact the Natural Resource Branch Office.